Saturday, June 21, 2008

When I was a teenager I was fitted for a dancing costume and had the same waist size as one of the first grader's in my dance school. WHERE DID THAT GIRL GO? Nowadays if I look twice at a burger I gain a pound. I'm trying to combat weight with exercise but all that does is keep me at my current level. Maybe time to find a trainer. More realistically, may be time to quit eating all the same foods I keep in the house for the kids. Or to quit joining in on the dinners requested by all the males in my house. Prescott loves it when I bake an entire chicken. It's his favorite meal here. I love it too, only I love stuffing the bird with breadcrumbs and eating all of it I can get my hands on. Way to turn something healthy into something ugly on the scale. I want to lose 20 lbs and a few dress sizes. Seems like I can always start strong then fizzle out or talk my way into unhealthy choices.
My mother completed boot camp...a class she went to at 5 am every day for 6 weeks. She told me about how she and her group pushed an SUV uphill. (yeah, I thought it sounded dangerous too) But if my mother can do it...surely I can get off my growing butt too.
As much as I want to, I can't bring myself to take any "diet aids" My friend has had great success with them but I've always been one of those people who would rather skip medication all together.
So basically, I know what I want (to be happier with my own body), I know how to get there (hard work, good choices, no short cuts) and I know where I fall down along the way (yesterday I was headed to the gym and somehow found myself in the Chick fila drive thru lane instead. ???) Now will I do it?
Anyone else out there have the same kind of issues?

No comments: